Lest anyone jump to an erroneous conclusion, I’ll participate in the upcoming presidential election process and vote for Trump. Since Hillary is the sum of every corrupt quality, every character flaw that cannot be allowed in the Oval Office, nothing will keep me from supporting the opponent of this vile traitor.
As a registered Republican I receive regular emails from GOP candidates standing for election to Florida’s second congressional district. The candidates appear to be honest men and women of conservative bent who oppose all things Obama. Ditto for the eventual Republican senatorial nominee. Anyone who promises to do his best to rip out Obamunism by its roots has my attention. So, my concern isn’t with the person that the people of FL-2 might send to congress. My reluctance to vote in the congressional election is based on the corrupt institution they will join.
Whoever represents FL-2 and the many times larger district encompassing Florida in the senate will join institutions that no longer serve their constitutional purposes:
• Instead of exercising its limited legislative powers of Article I § 1, congress passes bills which set broad policy outlines for the executive branch to implement. I’ve come to despise the term, ‘as the secretary may direct’ as an open invitation for the permanent administrative state to impose social justice Utopia on a reluctant nation.
• Congress is so eager to assign lawmaking elsewhere, and thus avoid blame that could imperil the reelection of members, that it has created at least two agencies unaccountable to congress at all. The Obamacare death panel and the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB) are unconstitutional soviet-style politburos outside the reach of congress. When a death panel determines the life of your loved one isn’t worth the expense, don’t bother calling your congressman. The CFPB busies itself running non-politically correct businesses out of business.
• Little prevents Obama from rewriting statutes at will. Early in his first term, the occasional member of congress made notice of the president’s unconstitutional revisions. Today, Obama’s gross violations of law are common and hardly worth the attention of congress.
• Congress no longer holds executive branch appointees accountable. Lois Lerner, John Koskinen, Eric Holder misled and lied to congress and suffered no consequences.
• The Constitution’s impeachment and trial clauses are there to deal with non-statutory crimes that can only be committed by those in high positions of trust. By the Framers’ design, every federal judge and executive branch elected or appointed official would carefully perform their duties out of concern they might be booted from office. For practical purposes, the threat of impeachment and trial for high crimes have been excised from the Constitution.
• What passes for the appropriations process these past seven years has been punted to the president.
• With rare exceptions, the senate consents to lawyers hostile to the Constitution to the federal bench.
• Congressional Republican leadership attacks conservatives rather than oppose Obama.
As a retail consumer of politics, my perception of the purpose of congress is nothing more than reelection of its members. Such is my disgust, I have come to view voting in congressional elections as condoning the usurpation and overthrow of our beloved Constitution. As a citizen brought up from an early age on the wonders of our free-government system based on unalienable rights and enumerated powers, I find it too difficult to participate in a process that serves the opposite of its constitutional ends.
America has become an elective despotism that is only fed and strengthened by an electorate that does the same thing every even-year and expects different results. Free government is beyond the redemption of elections. Venezuela has elections too.
I encourage the reader to consider his duty as an American; do that which may possibly save our republic. We are the many; our oppressors are the few. Be proactive. Be a Re-Founder. Join Convention of States. Sign our COS Petition.